Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Out Of Picture



Last night I went along to the OUT OF PICTURE exhibition/book launch at the Arludik Gallery. Several of the artists who contributed to the book were over here to draw for the fans & chat about the show.
I'm working with Bob Camp who knows these guys from his time at Blue Sky so he introduced me to them - they were all very pleasant chaps & happily made drawings in my sketchbook for me.
There were a lot of animation & comic people at the show and the party afterwards. Moebius was there but I didn't get a chance to talk to him, although Bob did. It was my pleasure to meet Pierre Alary & share a few beers with him, he kindly made a unique self portrait in my sketchbook. I also got to meet a couple of the fellas who made BURNING SAFARI - the terrific short from Les Gobelins this year. These guys are SO good!

14 comments:

Country Dweller said...

Returning your visit, I enjoyed your Paris drawings very much. They speak to the heart.

yoborob said...

hi matt - still blogging like your life depends on it i see ! its seems you are enjoying out there . i'm too busy with the rat race these days and i can't keep it up ......my blog ! see you when you are in town next .

Boris Hiestand said...

fantastic! I envy you mon frere- I can't believe you're working with Bob Camp and having beers with Alary!

A question that's on everybody's lips and needs answering:

IS Bob camp?

Oscar Grillo said...

The guy with the weapon reminds me of Elliot.

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Keep the British end up.

Unknown said...

Hope you've been nice with Pierre.

Elliot Cowan said...

Reminds you of me?
HOW?
It need another 100 kilos or so first.

Oscar Grillo said...

Everything Jonz draws renminds me of you...

Elliot Cowan said...

I had noticed this trend.
It is a peculiar thing but I'm happy to accept the comparisons...

Matt Jones said...

Dean- this is medium cool blogging activity for me! Not able to access internet so much these days. Done a ton of drawing but unable to scan.

Boris- Bob is the MANLIEST goddamn animator I've ever met- more than you even.

Stef- Pierre & I got on like a maison a feu! Can you send me his email- we were too drunk to exchange properly!

Oscar - you remind me of Elliot

Elliot- did you have good trip in the States? You're an international jet-setter these days.

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Get a room you 3

Richard Mitchelson said...

It seems life itself passes slower than keeping up with new posts on this blog. You have become my new fountain of almost all thingys interesting. although mine is less interesting i would still relish a wistful thought from you on some new stuff... Always a pleasure.

King flambo of richard land

Oscar Grillo said...

Elliot reminds me of Elliot.

Elliot Cowan said...

San Fran was wonderful mate.
As for being an international jetsetter - that's what you can be when you are unemployed and irresponsible.