Monday, July 30, 2007

My trip to Cannes & wot i did lurn


This weekend I have been on a nice day by the seasisde in Cannes. I saw an art extibishun about a French skoolboy called Nicolas. This is wot i lurnt-

Monsiur Sempé's first name is Jean-Jacques and he draws VERY small. He called the boy Nicolas after he saw a wine shop with this name.

Monsiur Goscinny's first name is René and he wrote about the most famous peeple in France. He wrote about Nicolas as I have said already and a French viking called Asterix and even a French cowboy called Lucky Luke. He knew them all but is dead now.

It was a very nice museeum and very intresting. I was taking lots of piktures too.

5 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

Without the shadow of a doubt I consider Sempé as the best humorist in the world.

Jeroen said...

I can't believe I missed that!!!!!! I love le petit Nicolas. When I was a kid, I had to read those books to improve my French. Not that it helped much though.... there's a reason why I live in London now :-)

Unknown said...

agree with Oscar, Sempe is wonderful!

the doodlers said...

These originals must have been wonderful to see. Small in scale but huge in appeal. Sempe has the lightest touch...

samacleod said...

I love Sempe. So amazing. So jealous.